I can't make a crust... so this is perfect!! Made this quiche a couple of times and it always turned out perfect! This makes a delicious quiche! From Canadian Diabetes Cookbook.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped mushroom
- 2⁄3 cup 5% fat ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray an 9-inch springform pan with vegetable spray.
- Wash spinash and shake off excess water. In the water clinging to the leaves, cook the spinach over high heat just until it wilts. Squeeze out excess moisture, chop and set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic, onions and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and add chopped spinach, ricotta, cottage, Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, whole egg, egg white, dill and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This was awesome - I loved the dill and spinach combination! I used fresh dill from my garden. Since it was just two of us for dinner, I made 1/2 a quiche and used a small square baker - it did take the full 40 minutes to bake and it still didn't seem to be set on the top so I put it under the broiler for 3 minutes to brown the top, worked great! Since there is so much dill in my garden I'm sure I'll be making this one again! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Loved it!!!! This is very light and filling. I had some leftover for b/f next morning. Will definitively make it again.