Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a featured pie on allrecipes.com. It was originally posted by Jean and this is what she had to say..."Light, super simple, and delicious dessert. Great with vanilla ice cream."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat.
- Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Absolutely a smash hit! Even those that aren't fond of cranberries went wow!<br/>I made 6x the recipe in 2 9x13 pans and still wow.<br/><br/>Expect this gone!
We LOVE this recipe at our house. Excellent contrast of tart and sweet. More of a 'boterkoek' recipe with cranberries than a pie, which is fine by us! We add almonds and pure almond extract instead of walnuts. Delicious and so easy.
Fabulous dessert!!!!! Super easy and quick to make. I made it days before Thanksgiving and froze it. Can't wait to make it again.