Recipe by Abby, Sarah & Eli's Mom
This is a featured pie on allrecipes.com. It was originally posted by Jean and this is what she had to say..."Light, super simple, and delicious dessert. Great with vanilla ice cream."
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat.
- Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.