Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
did someone say brunch? i got this in my email, looks great! 6/04 -i tried it geema's way with spinach- and alot of cajun seasoning, as the photo shows :}
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 Belgian endive, cleaned and minced
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup fresh crabmeat
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash hot sauce
- in a large skillet, melt butter over high heat.
- Add endive, with salt and pepper to taste, and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Remove from pan and chill.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Butter a 9-inch pie plate or quiche pan without a removable bottom.
- Remove all bits of shell and cartilage and place crabmeat into the bottom of the pie plate.
- Add the endive.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, flour, milk and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Pour over the crabmeat and endive and bake for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm.
Who needs crust? We really enjoyed this crustless quiche. It baked up all puffy, looking and tasting like a cross between a quiche and a souffle. It was fairly bland, even with the hot sauce, but the crabmeat flavor was nicely prominent. I substituted spinach for the endive and it was perfect. We don't eat much cheese, but I'll bet it would be a wonderful addition to this simple yet delicious recipe. It's in my cookbook to stay, Chia.