Recipe by its_me_susan
This is a lowfat, delicious quiche! I am always asked for this recipe (I serve often at brunches). Can be made ahead & baked next day, and/or frozen. Leftovers are wonderful when warmed in microwave and placed on toasted english muffin. My 2 year-old loves it too. NOTE: Do not use real crab meat; it will not come out the same.
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs (I use Egg Beaters)
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (375 degrees for glass plate).
- Spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Combine chopped crab, onion and cheese.
- Press into pie plate.
- Beat together remaining ingredients except paprika and pour over the crab.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 30 minutes.