Recipe by Meredith K.
This is fabulous! I got this from my mom, but I'm not sure where she got it originally. Be sure to get the mushrooms and crab blotted as dry as you can -- the secret to this quiche's success. This is great straight from the oven, but it's at least as good at room temperature, even the next day, which makes it a good choice for buffets and potlucks.
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 pint cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 6 ounces canned crab
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter.
- Remove w/ slotted spoon to paper towels and blotdry thoroughly.
- Beat eggs w/ sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan, flour and seasonings.
- Drain crab and blot dry with paper towels.
- Fold mushrooms, crab and Monterey Jack into egg mixture.
- Spread into (ungreased) 10" Pyrex pie plate.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.