Recipe by Deantini
I am not taking much credit for this recipe; I combined two awesome recipes Michele's (Asparagus, Bacon, or Salmon) Crustless Quiche and Country Style Omelette to make my favorite version. I am posting for safe keeping. I cannot get over thaT 4 eggs can stretch this far. It works as a wonderful hearthy lunch or a lighter dinner served with a salad UPDATE - the butter in this recipe is really not necessary, I have made it without and didn't miss it at all.
Top Review by Shuzbud
We absolutely went crazy for this recipe! If I could give it 10 stars I would! I used low fat sausage and couldn't find dried basil so used italian seasoning. I also added a courgette/ zucchini that I had spare, grated into the potato mixture. Not sure if it was the flour but it had a nice slightly crunchy top to it. I sprayed the pan with a 1 calorie spray. I can't wait to try a Greek version- feta, courgettes, black olives, red onion! Made for ZWT7.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, shredded on cheese grater
- 1 medium potato, shredded on cheese grater
- 3⁄4 cup lean turkey sausage, precooked (you can also use bacon or any other meat you'd like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil