Recipe by BeckyF
This recipe is great for using up extra bread. It makes a good brunch dish as well as an unusual dinner.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was OK. My biggest complaint was that it was a bit dry and a bit lacking in flavour. I imagine it was an attempt to keep it low fat, but I think a little low-fat cream would improve it, and some other spice and a more flavoursome herb like basil would be good too.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- 6 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (, scallions)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn oil margarine
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 4 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb (1 slice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Spray a 10-inch pie plate with non stick vegetable spray and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese and bread crumbs in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Top with the cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven until a rich, golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.