Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Weight Watchers 5 points per serving
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese, drained in a strainer for 1 hr
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup canned green chili pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine eggs, drained cottage cheese, shredded cheese, chilis, peppers, mushrooms, flour, and baking powder and beat until smooth with a wire whisk. Pour into a well-greased quiche pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with 8 small tomato slices placed evenly around quiche.
- Return to oven, reduce temperature to 350°F and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Cut into wedges and serve at once.
This is a great recipe for low carb and diabetic diets. I added some diced hot chili peppers to spice it up! yummy