Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
SOOOooo easy...SOOOooo tasty and even more heart healthy than the original version...A reminder: DONT forget to cover TIGHTLY with foil b4 baking or the stuffing could dry out! Meal tip: Add a tossed salad and have dinner!
- 1 (8 ounce) package chicken stove top stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, in small pieces
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine water and butter in a medium bowl until butter melts; Stir in stuffing mix until JUST moist; set aside.
- Mix the soup, milk, lime juice and garlic in a medium bowl until well incorporated; set aside.
- In the bottom of a non-stick 13 x 9 pan, spread the mixed vegetables evenly; Then spread the cubed cooked chicken over the mixed vegetables evenly.
- Pour the soup mixture evenly over the chicken; sprinkle/spread the stuffing over all.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.