Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
More like a cheese cake pudding than a cake, but very delicious. I tried this while on the Atkins diet. It is amazing and Low-Carb, but very high fat. Try different jello flavors to find your favorite. Just took a guess at the servings... eat as much as you like!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 box sugar-free jello (I prefer strawberry)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 -5 packages artificial sweetener, to taste
- Allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- Prepare whipping cream by adding vanilla and half of the jello and some sweetner.
- Beat using a handheld mixer until it forms peaks.
- Mix the cream cheese, remaining jello and sweetner until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Let cool in the fridge for about an hour.
- Will last in the fridge for over a week!
Well since I am on a low carb diet for four months and I have not found a single dessert to eat...this looked good. I guess you can say that I got despeate enough to try it and it definately was nice to have a dessert. I am giving this 5 stars because as a lo carb dessert it deserves 5 stars. If I was not on a low carb diet, i would not be making this. I found that the artificial sweetner gave that bad aftertaste. Next time I make it I will cut out the artificial sweetner all together as the jello was sweetened and the cheese is rich and I am not used to eating sweet stuff so it would be alright to leave out the sweetner. Thanks for giving me the chance to eat a dessert again!
Use Land O Lakes Fat Free half and half in place of the whipping cream. It yeilds the same consistency. I use it in all my recipes in place of milk and or whipping cream because it is FAT FREE! ENJOY!!!
Wow, needed a dessert for Easter and this is what my dh and I ate while our kids indulged in Cake. We loved it. The taste was so close to cheesecake and I felt like I was so cheating, but I wasn't. I added more whip cream over the top of it and it was delicious. Passing on the recipe to some friends and definitely making this again, and again.