Recipe by lilkittykt
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
Top Review by basya
I used a 5% white cheese (sort of like a farmer's cheese) and some regular sour cream instead of the lower fat cream cheese, and added grated lemon zest. So the texture wasn't quite as delightful as cream cheese, but the taste was good. This was a Passover friendly recipe, with the benefit of no crust we could eat it late in the day before the seder.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, coat an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and 1/2 C sugar; beat well, beat in the eggs, one at a time, then beat in 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp lemon juice until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden; remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, do not turn off the oven.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the sour cream and the remaining 1 TBS sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1/4 tsp lemon juice; mix well, spread over the top of the cheesecake and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cheesecake cool, then cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or overnight.