Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty appetizer. (I much prefer Swiss cheese in this recipe.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots (about 4 small)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- ground nutmeg
- ground pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and cook green onions and garlic until tender but not browned.
- Add carrots; cook about 2 minutes more until tender crisp.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs, cheese, cornmeal, basil, nutmeg and pepper.
- Stir in carrot mixture.
- Spray 12 or 24 1 1/2 inch muffin cups with vegetable spray.
- Spoon about 1 tbsp of the carrot mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in a 325F oven for 15 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 2 minutes.
- Remove from pans. Serve hot.