Recipe by justmeterri
Delicious and easy, this pie is a joy to make when company calls to say they are coming in unexpectedly. And it keeps well for several days wrapped in foil.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
YUM! YUM! YUM! This was so quick and easy. We ate it so quick, I didn't have time to take a picture! I'm making it again this weekend. I'll try to get a picture this time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, reserved for nuts
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts, sliced into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, beat all ingredients except sliced nuts at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 tspn flour on sliced nuts.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in buttered 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 40 minutes until pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool.
- Good served with very slightly sweetened whipped cream, whipped topping or a dollop of vanilla ice cream.