Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious and easy, this pie is a joy to make when company calls to say they are coming in unexpectedly. And it keeps well for several days wrapped in foil.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, reserved for nuts
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts, sliced into pieces
- In large mixing bowl, beat all ingredients except sliced nuts at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle reserved 1 tspn flour on sliced nuts.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread in buttered 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 40 minutes until pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool.
- Good served with very slightly sweetened whipped cream, whipped topping or a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
YUM! YUM! YUM! This was so quick and easy. We ate it so quick, I didn't have time to take a picture! I'm making it again this weekend. I'll try to get a picture this time.
Easy, foolproof, and tasted great. I made this twice this weekend. We were just waiting to see which way Hurricane Gustav was heading and I thought this sounded like something tasty to have on hand--didn't have to be hot or cold. I think in our family we will refer to this as Hurricane Pie.
I love this recipe. I originally got it from Southern Living. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream, it's a great desert.