Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this for my Mom's birthday, instead of a regular cake. I also garnish it with Nestle's Nesquick chocolate syrup, but there are many toppings that you can use. I got this recipe from Healthy Meals in Minutes.
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (opitional)
- fresh strawberries, and
- low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, to top
- Preheat oven to 325f Spray an 8" pie plate with cegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together cocoa, flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl wisk together brown sugar, granulated sugar,oil,egg whites and vanilla until blended.
- Add the sugar mixture to the dry mixture and stir until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle walnuts.
- Bake until just set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- (about 25-30 mins).
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cut into wedges and garnish with Strawberries and yogurt.
This is a great recipe. It is quick to put together and makes enough for dessert with not much leftover. Its great. Tastes fantastic! Thanks