Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I hate making pie crusts, but love quiches. This is a great recipe for when you're too lazy or don't have enough time to make a crust.(Admittedly it does taste great with a crust too.)
- 1 (900 g) packet frozen broccoli
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup grated yellow cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 can tuna, drained and flaked (either oil in water - whatever one prefers)
- Cook broccoli in slightly salted water until tender.
- Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a medium size pot.
- Add flour stirring until combined.
- Slowly add milk and continue stirring until sauce has thickened.
- At this point, add salt, cheese, lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Remove pot from heat and add broccoli and tuna.
- Mix well, pour into a pyrex or glass baking dish.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue baking for a further 10-20 minutes until nice and bubbly.
I'm so sorry, but I have to say that this is the worst review I have ever given for a dish. I really had high hopes for something different with canned tuna. I did attempt to make it in a crust, too. It tasted heavy and bland and just wasn't good. Maybe somebody else will have better luck!