- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced vertically
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (4 ounces by weight)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 1 1/2 minutes. Add broccoli; sauté 1 minute.
- Spread broccoli mixture into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, cheese, parsley, mustard, salt, pepper, nutmeg, eggs whites and eggs in a large bowl. Pour mixture over broccoli mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until top is golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.