Really, after you have the quiche mix down you can replace the other ingredients with whatever you like. My husband happens to like the sausage and cheese. Weight Watchers: 3 points per muffin when using low fat sausage, cheese and baking mix and fat free milk.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown sausage, breaking with a spoon. Drain well.
- Mix egg, milk and baking mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide egg mixture between 12 greased muffin tins.
- Divide sausage between muffin tins and cover with cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Freeze left over muffins in single serving zip top bags. To reheat, place frozen muffins in microwave for approximately 60 seconds.
Loved these. Took 2 dozen to work with me and everyone raved about them and asked for the recipe. Very simple and versatile. I used bacon. You could even add spinach, or whatever. Excellent for breakfast on the run, too! Thanks for sharing.
These were great breakfast treats fresh out of the oven. However, they were challenging to get out of the pan despite spraying first with Pam. After they cooled they came out much easier. Also had a problem dividing the egg mixture; by the time I got to the final two holes of the muffin tin I was running short. My suggestion is filling each hole just under the half-way mark to have them come out equally.
These were so easy!!! And the variations are endless. I used spicy breakfast sausage and shredded cheese. Next time will definitely add much more cheese and probably onions! Thanks for sharing!