Recipe by droppedstitch
An easy-to-make quiche, perfect for spring!
Top Review by Lisa F.
Great recipe! Easy to change out ingredients with what I have on hand. Used a 13x9 glass casserole instead of pie plate. I found it held the mixture without spilling over. I added some cooked bacon also used more asparagus than was called for since I had an abundance. Will certainly make this again. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups canned crispy French-fried onions, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan.
- Arrange asparagus, 1 cup Swiss cheese and 2/3 cup French-fried onions in plate.
- Beat eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, flour, garlic powder and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour into pie plate.
- Bake 30 minutes or just until center is set. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Swiss cheese and 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 minutes more or until onions are golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve.