Recipe by lauren.doak
This is a variation on a crustless quiche I found here at recipezaar. Since my boyfriend is a picky eater I used asparagus instead of spinach and we were very pleased! Feel free to add sausage, or pour into a frozen crust if you'd like more flavor.
Top Review by sallynav
This recipe tasted like diet food. I like to cut calories whereever possible, but this quiche almost totally sacrified flavor for low calories. I would never make it again without MANY adjustments to the ingredients and the preparation method. No pan size is indicated, but I learned to use either a 9" pie pan or a 9 1/2" quiche pan at the largest. Nothing bigger than either of these. This quiche effort was a major disappointment for me and my husband.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, onion and mushrooms. Saute, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until slightly softened. Remove from heat; allow to cool slightly.
- Mix cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Incorporate cooled vegetables. Stir until well incorporated.
- Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour ingredients and distribute evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in the quiche comes out clean. Allow quiche to rest for 5 minutes before serving.