Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I copied down this recipe, many years ago; and, I resurrected it, recently, for a brunch. It is so easy, and so great; I'm glad I found it, again! It doesn't have a crust, so it is actually more like a frittata than a quiche; but, whatever you call it, it's good!
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 2 slices bread
- 6 eggs or 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped, slightly
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute the onion and garlic in 2 Tbsp margarine, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts, and saute briefly.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, cheese, and breadcrumbs; add sauteed veggies.
- Spray an 8X8 pan with cooking spray, add the quiche mixture, and bake for 30 minutes.