Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
With cheese top! YUM!!
- 4 -6 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter (I use Becel margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel, core and slice apples into a bowl; add brown sugar, cinnamon, water and salt; mix well to coat apples.
- Place in two ramikins or small au gratin dishes, sprayed with cooking spray; dot with butter and spread cheese over top.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until apples fall.
DH- "I never would have thought apples and cheese would be so good!" Me- "Honey, there is a whole world of food outside of roast beef and brats." Delish Derf! I used fat-free cheese and brown sugar substitute for myself. And I used butter "spray" in place of the butter. Thanks!