Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great quick mid week recipe!
Make and share this Crusted Tilapia recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 tilapia fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a 9x13 pan pour crushed tomatoes in bottom spread evenly.
- Place tilapia fillets on top of tomatoes and sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
- Crush corn chips until pieces are small and mix with cheese and bread crumbs.
- Melt butter and mix with the breading mixture.
- Spoon topping over fish and bake 400 for 20 minutes.
Overall a good "base" recipe, but I think it could stand a few modifications. A bit bland. Very easy (had all the ingredients already!) and pretty good, but nothing outstanding. I wound up adding a few drops of lemon after it was on my plate to add some flavor...