Recipe by Dib's
Here's a quick chicken dish thats great with refried beans and traditional mexican rice. Enjoy!
Top Review by Viv
I tried this recipe last night and my family loved it. I made it just as the recipe is written, except I started the sauce first to give it time to cook down. The chicken breasts were done in exactly 20 minutes and I served it with refried beans (jazzed up with mexican oregano, and cumin and topped with pepper jack cheese) and saffron rice served some of the chicken sauce. It was wonderful!!!! I used 40% less fat tortilla chips by Snyder, also, to lower fat. VDR
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, lightly pounded
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl whisk together the lime juice and honey.
- Place crushed tortilla chips in a plastic bag.
- Dip chicken in the lime/honey mixture and place in chip bag.
- Shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the thickest piece of chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- While chicken is cooking combine in a blender or food processor the tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic and oregano.
- Puree to smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Cook the mixture down to about 1&1/2 cups.
- Remove chicken from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes more.
- Divide sauce evenly between 4 plates and place cooked chicken on top of sauce.