Recipe by CindiJ
I discovered this recipe on the Betty Crocker web-site and with a few changes have found an impressive way to serve salmon. Great for a busy night schedule. We like to serve this with a nice ceasar salad and baked potato.
Top Review by Ceezie
This was pretty tasty. I made the topping for just 2 salmon steaks and this would easily cover 4 so our fish was a bit dry. It was tasty however. I will make this again with possibly different cheeses to try them out.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon (1 large fillet or 4 single serving fillets)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh white breadcrumbs (potato bread is wonderful)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (including tops)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375º.
- Spray shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Rinse and pat salmon dry with paper towel.
- Place salmon in pan, brush both sides with 2 tablespoon butter.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, onions, lemon peel and thyme in small bowl with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Press bread crumb mixture evenly on salmon top.
- Flip and repeat ending with skin side down in pan.
- Bake uncovered 18 minutes.
- Serve immediately.