Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
FEEEEESH! Cooking time runs about 10 minutes per inch of fishy thickness including the tomato layer and breading, so consider that when you choose either snapper, tilapia or other mild fish. From Cuisine at Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets or 4 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1/2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup plain potato chips, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon scallion, thinly sliced diagonally
- lemon wedge
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Spread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 3Arrange fillets on top of vegetables; season with salt and pepper to taste. As the fish cooks, the vegetables will steam into a relish-type side dish.
- 4Combine crumbs and next 4 ingredients; toss with melted butter. Divide crumb mixture evenly over each fillet, pressing into the fish. Bake 20 minutes, or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- 5Sprinkle with scallion and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusted Red Snapper or Tatery Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.7
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 387.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 41.9 g