Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
FEEEEESH! Cooking time runs about 10 minutes per inch of fishy thickness including the tomato layer and breading, so consider that when you choose either snapper, tilapia or other mild fish. From Cuisine at Home.
- 1 cup tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets or 4 (6 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1⁄2 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup plain potato chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon scallion, thinly sliced diagonally
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Spread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange fillets on top of vegetables; season with salt and pepper to taste. As the fish cooks, the vegetables will steam into a relish-type side dish.
- Combine crumbs and next 4 ingredients; toss with melted butter. Divide crumb mixture evenly over each fillet, pressing into the fish. Bake 20 minutes, or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Sprinkle with scallion and serve with lemon wedges.