The original recipe is from TLC's Take Home Chef. I've altered it to be gluten free and a little more practical. I don't have cheese market in my small town, so I use regular fresh parmesan. Either way, this is delicious and a definite summer meal favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed
- 1To make the salad:.
- 2Whisk the honey, vinegar, mustard and chives in a bowl to blend.
- 3Slowly add the oil whilst constantly whisking to blend.
- 4Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Just before serving, toss the spinach leaves in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- 6For the pork:.
- 7Place the pork between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or heavy rolling pin, gently pound the pork until flattened to 1/2 inch thick. Cut the pork into 4 equal pieces.
- 8Mix the bread crumbs and cheese together in a pie plate.
- 9Lightly whisk the eggs in another pie plate to blend.
- 10Place the flour in a third pie plate.
- 11Sprinkle the pork generously with salt and pepper.
- 12Dip the pork pieces into the flour to coat lightly, then into the eggs and finally into the bread crumb mixture to coat, patting the crumb mixture to adhere.
- 13Melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 1 tablespoon of oil in each of 2 large nonstick frying pans over a medium to high heat.
- 14Add 2 pork pieces to each pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- 15Transfer the cooked pork to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil and butter.
- 16Cut the pork pieces in half. Mound the spinach on 4 plates. Arrange the pork on the spinach and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusted Pork Tenderloin and Honey Mustard Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.2
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 259.1 mg
- Sodium 847.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 46.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: