Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sesame and sunflower seed-crusted pork is a great match for classically French gribiche sauce.
- 4 (5 ounce) pork fillets
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- greens, steamed, to serve
For the sauce gribiche
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons small capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons baby dill pickles, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the crust
- 5 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- flour, for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- Horizontally slice each pork fillet into 3 pieces and flatten slightly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and sear the pork slices for about 2 minutes on each side, until lightly coloured. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the crust, combine the breadcrumbs, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds. Dust the cooled slices of pork with flour, and then roll the meat in the beaten egg, followed by the seeds.
- To make the sauce, whisk together the egg yolk with the Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar.
- Whisking continually, gradually pour in the vegetable oil, a little at a time, until combined.
- Stir in the diced egg, capers, gherkins and chopped chives; season well and set aside.
- When you are ready to serve, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the pork over a medium heat for a couple of minutes each side, until golden brown.
- Serve hot with steamed buttered greens.