Recipe by byZula
From "Simply 7: Quick Southwest Recipes Just 7 Ingredients Away" by Kelley Cleary Coffeen. (This is a recipe I've adopted from the Zaar account.)
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
This is a mixed review. We loved the chicken. The flavor of the breadcrumbs combined with the pecans was great. However, the sauce was way too strong and overbearing. If you dipped the chicken the sauce was the only thing you could taste. I will make the chicken again but not the sauce.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, approximately
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with a little of the melted butter.
- Marinate chicken in milk 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Combine pecans, bread crumbs, about 1/8 teaspoon salt and some pepper.
- Remove chicken from milk, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with remaining melted butter.
- Bake until cooked through — at least 30 minutes, perhaps more.
- sauce with the honey, lime juice and chilies in a small saucepan.
- Place over medium heat until well-blended.
- Serve warm with the pecan chicken.