Recipe by CrazyLadyMe
A family favorite. Great for get-togethers. No idea where I got the recipe from, but I've been using it for 10 years! Works well frozen too.
Top Review by jamiehoover23
Very good, possibly use less butter, or soy milk, or rice milk in the macaroni portion., Substitute the Parmesan cheese for the crust with whatever cheese you want, if you don't have any. Add bacon to the recipe, or anything you can think of, use potatoes if you don't have macaroni.
- 680.38 g elbow macaroni
- 59.16 ml butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml flour (whole wheat flour works here)
- 1.23 ml Tabasco sauce
- 709.77 ml milk
- 118.29 ml cream or 118.29 ml evaporated milk
- 946.36 ml grated cheese (cheddar, colby jack, mozzarella, etc ... a combination works best)
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml crushed croutons
- 177.44 ml parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta. While pasta is boiling, make the sauce. Once pasta is done, drain & set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a saucepan, saute the garlic in buttter for 1 minute.
- Add flour & stir until light brown.
- Stirring, add milk, tabasco & cream (or evap milk).
- Heat through & add cheese, salt, pepper & mustard. Stir until all cheese is melted.
- Mix with the macaroni & pour into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix the crust ingredients & spread over the pasta.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.