Recipe by Valerie in Florida
This is so delicious. I usually serve this as a side dish to a simple fish dish. Enjoy ! From Cusine at Home, my new favorite magazine
Top Review by Polly W
I was going to post this myself as I subscribe to Cusine at home also and have been making this for a long time. It is SO good and I often make a meal just out of this !! Thanks for posted it ! Pollyw
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and chill.
- Pulse panko and almonds together in a food processor until fine.
- Slice cheese into eight 1/2" thick slices. Dip each slice into egg, then coat in almond mixture.
- Brown coated cheese in 1 tbsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drain medallions on paper towels; return pan to the burner.
- Saute spinach with pepper flakes and salt until wilted, about 1 minute Serve crusted cheese over sauteed spinach and top with tomato salsa.