Recipe by Alskann
I adapted this recipe from one a friend's Mother gave me over 25 years ago. Since I am such a recipe fiend I have tried many different and delicious pork chop recipes, but this is the one my family always loves and asks for. And it is so simple to make.
- 6 -8 pork chops (I use 1-inch thick boneless center cut)
- 2 -3 cups milk
- garlic salt (to taste)
- 16 ounces keebler's Club crackers (other crackers could be used, but the results will NOT be the same)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pork chops in a shallow dish or zip-loc bag.
- Add enough milk to cover chops.
- Soak pork chops in the milk several hours or overnight in the refrigerator, turning if necessary.
- Crush the club crackers into coarse crumbs.(I place them in a zip-loc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove pork chops from milk.
- Season VERY well with garlic salt (I often use Morton Nature's Seasons in place of the garlic salt).
- Dredge seasoned chops with the cracker crumbs, making sure they are well coated with crumbs.
- Place the coated crumbs on a cookie sheet.(I use an ungreased one and never have a problem with sticking. You can spray it lightly with PAM if you prefer.).
- Bake for 1 hour in preheated 325 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Cooking time includes soaking overnight.
- Slight variation: Sometimes I will season with Morton's Nature's Seasons instead of the garlic salt.
- ***I have tried this with other crackers, it is okay, but just not quite as good***.