This has a flavorful creamy gravy and really isn't hard to make. I serve it over mashed potates and sometimes cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces. A great dish for company and a hit with everyone in our house.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs, fresh
- 2.46 ml dried tarragon
- 1.23 ml italian seasoning
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
Tarragon Cream Sauce
- 236.59 ml chicken broth or 236.59 ml white wine
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 3.69 ml dried tarragon
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, mixed with water into a paste
- Pound chicken to an even thickness.
- In bowl #1 mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- In bowl #2 whisk the egg with mustard and garlic salt.
- In bowl #3 mix the bread crumbs, tarragon and Italian seasoning.
- Dip the chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then in egg, then in crumbs, coating well.
- Place in a lightly buttered roasting pan (safe for stovetop use.) Drizzle chicken with melted butter and bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or till juices run clear.
- Remove chicken to a warm platter and cover to keep warm.
- Place roasting pan on stove burner over medium-high heat and add broth or wine to deglaze pan, scraping up browned bits. Add dried herbs and cook till reduced, 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice, cream and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then whisk in the flour; simmer 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Made this for dinner last night and it was out of this world. My favorite part was the breading. So light but very crispy. I only used 1/4 tsp tarragon in the sauce though. Thanks so much for an amazing recipe
I used chicken breasts for this recipe along with chicken broth for the cream sauce. The breading on the chicken was so good with the cream sauce, not a heavy tasting sauce. I did add just a bit more lemon juice and served with mashed potatoes.