1/1 Photo of Crusted Baked Chicken With Tarragon Cream Sauce
This has a flavorful creamy gravy and really isn't hard to make. I serve it over mashed potates and sometimes cut the chicken breast into smaller pieces. A great dish for company and a hit with everyone in our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Tarragon Cream Sauce
- 1Pound chicken to an even thickness.
- 2In bowl #1 mix the flour, salt and pepper.
- 3In bowl #2 whisk the egg with mustard and garlic salt.
- 4In bowl #3 mix the bread crumbs, tarragon and Italian seasoning.
- 5Dip the chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then in egg, then in crumbs, coating well.
- 6Place in a lightly buttered roasting pan (safe for stovetop use.) Drizzle chicken with melted butter and bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or till juices run clear.
- 7Remove chicken to a warm platter and cover to keep warm.
- 8Place roasting pan on stove burner over medium-high heat and add broth or wine to deglaze pan, scraping up browned bits. Add dried herbs and cook till reduced, 2-3 minutes. Add lemon juice, cream and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then whisk in the flour; simmer 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- 9Pour sauce over chicken and serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusted Baked Chicken With Tarragon Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.7
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 267.9 mg
- Sodium 1091.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: