Recipe by momaphet
This cocktail is said to have been invented at a New Orleans joint called Santina's Saloon in the mid-1800s
Top Review by Jostlori
Yum! The Angostura bitters (Peychauds, of course!) are what make the drink. DH says to make sure and state that this is a "chick drink"! Being a chick, I will definitely make this again! ZWT9.
- 2 ounces brandy or 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 ounce maraschino juice
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1 teaspoon sugar syrup
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- superfine sugar, lemon or orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Moisten the rim of a chilled cocktail glass with a lemon wedge, then dip the rim into superfine granulated sugar. Shake all ingredients with cracked ice, then strain into the glass. Drape a very long spiral of either orange or lemon peel into and hanging out of the glass by about two inches, then serve.