Prep 4 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cocktail is said to have been invented at a New Orleans joint called Santina's Saloon in the mid-1800s
- 2 ounces brandy or 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1⁄2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 ounce maraschino juice
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1 teaspoon sugar syrup
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- superfine sugar, lemon or orange peel
- Moisten the rim of a chilled cocktail glass with a lemon wedge, then dip the rim into superfine granulated sugar. Shake all ingredients with cracked ice, then strain into the glass. Drape a very long spiral of either orange or lemon peel into and hanging out of the glass by about two inches, then serve.
Yum! The Angostura bitters (Peychauds, of course!) are what make the drink. DH says to make sure and state that this is a "chick drink"! Being a chick, I will definitely make this again! ZWT9.