Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fabulous basic Quiche dish that doesn't require a crust (just pie shaped cookware), but a crust can certainly be used if you'd like! The ingredients can also be altered if you'd like. This one uses asparagus & tomato, but it's also great with sausage, crab, and bacon! Enjoy!
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus
- 1 whole tomato
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 325.
- 1. Slice the tomato leaving about 5 of your largest full circles aside.
- 2. Chop all the remaining tomato & asparagus.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix all the other ingredients (not the veggies) & whisk until well blended.
- 4. Add the veggies, except for you 5 tomato circles.
- 5. Pour the mixture into a standard oven safe dish.
- 6. Place your 5 tomato circles on top - just for aesthetics.
- 7. Bake in oven about 12-15 minutes. You can test by gently shaking the dish & making sure that the egg in the center is solid.
This is a delicious basic quiche. It doesn%u2019t taste low-fat and we don%u2019t miss the crust at all. I throw in whatever veggies or fresh herbs I have on hand and will often add bacon or ham. It always comes out tasting great.
Love this recipe...easy to follow - I also used spinach rather than asparagus - sautÃ©ed it first with onion and ham. This recipe is a great base for so many options. Thank you!