Recipe by cooks-alot
A wonderful recipe from my niece.We love to eat crab in almost any dish.Hope everyone loves this recipe as much as I do.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was good thank you. I used half milk, half cream, added a red chili and tossed in some parsley. I can't get Old Bay Seasoning but (Aussies take note) used Greek Nostimini seasoning instead. Just wanted to tell you Chef Sandy, that like you, we catch and pick our own crabs often, so please post more recipes. Please read my about me page to see how I rate recipes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 cups good lump crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Mix flour and cheese well.
- Press into 9" greased pie plate.
- Cook together onion and butter till tender.
- Spread evenly over cheese mixture.
- Beat together eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Pour over top of onions.
- Sprinkle crab meat evenly over all.
- Dust with paprika.
- Bake 30 min at 350 or until knife inserted in center, comes out clean.