Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
American Pie—Peter Reinhart.
Make and share this Crushed Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or freshly squeezed lemon juice, or a combination of the two)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- In a bowl, stir together all the ingredients; start with ½ teaspoon salt and add more to taste.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.