Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A gorgeous dessert to look at, simple to make and delicious to boot!
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed,hulled and quartered
- 4 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon framboise liqueur or 1 tablespoon Chambord raspberry liquor or 2 drops almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Chill bowl and beaters.
- Crush 1 cup of the berries with fork.
- Combine crushed berries with remaining 3 cups of strawberries in large bowl, tossing with sugar and framboise.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving time.
- At serving time, whip heavy cream with icing sugar in chilled bowl with chilled beaters until soft peaks form.
- Lightly fold into berries with streaking motion, so berries and cream are barely combined.
So easy and so good -- a perfect endiing to a spicy meal. I didn't have any of the liquor so I used some extract instead -- delicious! This is great alone or would be a delicious topping for pound cake. Thanks Evelyn for posting this keeper desert recipe. We will be making this often this summer.
Wow what a delicious way to finish a good meal. My whole family loved this, and it was so easy :) Thank you for posting and I will make again. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag Game
I reduced this to a single serving and used my immersion blender to whip the cream. So easy and yummy!