- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan.
- Add salt and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and transfer to medium bowl.
- Coarsely crush the potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a large spoon.
- Gently stir in buttermilk and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.