Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is another quick meal that minimizes your time in the kitchen and doesn't require a lot of ingredients. Just serve with a nice green salad, some crusty Italian bread, and a nice red wine (of course)!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat large pot of water to boiling for pasta.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to small bowl.
- Add onion to skillet and cook over medium-low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with liquid and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, salt boiling water, add pasta, and cook until tender but still firm to the bite. When pasta is almost done, stir pancetta into tomato mixture and heat through, 1-2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and transfer to pasta bowl. Add sauce and toss well. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Wonderful as a side dish to a grilled meat, but didn't wow us as an entrée. So much olive oil and fat from the pancetta... Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.