Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very rich side dish from Gourmet magazine, February 1998. ZWT region - West (Idaho potatoes).
- Peel potatoes and quarter.
- In a saucepan cover potatoes with cold salted water by 1 inch and simmer 15 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and let stand 5 minutes.
- Finely chop white and light green parts of scallions. Finely chop parsley.
- In saucepan heat oil and chopped scallions over moderate heat until oil begins to sizzle and add potatoes.
- With a fork lightly crush potatoes into scallion oil (do not mash completely). Season potatoes with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
The flavor of the green onion oil is superb! I couldn't get the potatoes to hold much shape once in the skillet, so they cooked up much like homefries. We sprinkled our potato spice mix (salt/pepper/garlic powder/paprika) to this for more flavor and it was perfect. Thanks for posting. :)