Recipe by Tish
I have given you this recipe to be done in the broiler for those of you in the colder states...when fall and winter weather bring you inside! I do this year around on the grill outside and timing really isn't too much different. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless beef round steak or 1 lb beef round tip steaks or 1 lb chuck steak
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, cut into halves
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 2 small onions, cut lengthwise into fourths
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 mushrooms
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from beef steak; cut beef into 1" cubes.
- Place in glass or plastic bowl.
- Mix wine, 1 Tbs oil the salt and garlic; pour over beef.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours but no longer than 24 hours, stirring occasionally Remove beef; drain thoroughly.
- Thread beef cubes on four 11" metal skewers, leaving space between cubes.
- Brush with mustard; sprinkle with peppercorns.
- (This is when you may question why such little pepper -- if you want more go for it!) Set oven control to broil.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan.
- Broil with tops about 3" from heat 5 minutes; turn.
- Broil 5 minutes longer Alternate onion, zucchini and bell pepper on each of four 11" metal skewers, leaving space between each.
- Top each with a mushroom.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan with beef.
- Turn beef; brush vegetables with oil.
- Broil kabobs 5-6 minutes turning and brushing vegetables with oil, until beef is done and vegetables are crisp-tender.