Recipe by English_Rose
Quick to prepare and full of summer freshness, eat this with your eyes closed to conjure up your own Greek paradise. Serve with grilled meat or fish and a salad.
Top Review by Elaniemay
These were quite different. It was hard to rate these. My kids didn't care for them. 1 said it was too sweet and 1 didn't like the mint...So I rated it on my taste. I did enjoy them and will make them again. Made for ZWT6.
- 1 lb new potato
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 red onion
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint
- 7 ounces feta
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the new potatoes in a large pan of boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes, depending on size.
- Drain thoroughly and set to one side.
- Pour the oil into a small bowl add the finely grated zest and juice of the lemon and the honey. Whisk.
- Using the end of a rolling pin or a large wooden spoon, roughly crush the potatoes, not so they are completely broken up but just enough so their skins split and the flesh is exposed so it soaks up some of the dressing.
- Finely chop the red onion and sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Chop the mint and crumble the feta and add to the potatoes, drizzle over the dressing and toss to mix, season well with black pepper and salt if desired, not forgetting the feta can be a bit salty.
- Serve with salad leaves.