Recipe by Mme M
This is a good, healthy potato recipe. From a BBC food site.
Top Review by newtocookingm&m
I loved that it was easy!!! close to Mashed potatoes but easier. I didn't have bay leaves or white pepper. I will make again. I added extra butter it seemed a tiny bit dry but I still really enjoyed them. I may try the sourcream like suggested in the future.
- 14 ounces new potatoes
- 3 1⁄2 pints water, to cover
- 2 heads garlic, cut in half
- 2 large bay leaves
- 20 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 1⁄2 ounces salt
- 3 1⁄2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and wash the new potatoes and place into a saucepan. Cover with the water and then add the rest of the ingredients, except the butter and final seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain and using a fork or a potato masher, crush the potatoes lightly,.
- add the butter and season with salt and pepper.