Recipe by Mara232
This recipe is just like the crushed lentil soup you find at most Lebanese restaurants. My 4 year old son loves this soup!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup split lentils, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tablespoons white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onions and hot pepper over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except lemon juice, and bring to boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Return to saucepan and reheat.
- Stir in lemon juice and then serve.