Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 12 ripe healthy lemons
- 350 g sugar
- 3 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon methi seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon asafoetida powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Quarter lemons, remove all seeds.
- Put sugar and lemon pieces in a small grinder.
- Run in short spurts, till lemons are crushed in coarse pieces.
- Remove into a clean dry glass bowl or wide mouthed jar.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix well with a wooden ladle or fork.
- Tie mouth with a clean dry muslin cloth.
- Keep each day in hot sunlight, each day for at least 4-5 days.
- Check to see is sugar has melted completely.
- Close lid tightly, and store in cool, dry place.
- Never use a wet spoon to remove pickle, to make it last.