Recipe by lindseylcw
I know this sounds like an odd mix but it is really good either on its own as an appetiser or with chargrilled veggies hot from the grill. Recipe comes from the south of France via Paul Gayler. Please buy the best jam you can afford.
Top Review by alligirl
This was excellent; another way to enjoy the tang of goat cheese! I reduced the recipe by 2/3's, using 4 oz. of goat cheese crumbles. I used Polaner black cherry all-fruit spread. This goes together rather quickly, with ingredients I normally have on hand. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe; I'll be making it for my friends soon! Made for ZWT 5.
- 340.19 g soft goat's cheese
- 4.92 ml black peppercorns, crushed
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4.92 ml thyme leaves
- 29.58 ml virgin olive oil
- 1 French baguette
- 127.57 g black cherry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cheese in a bowl, add the pepper, lemon juice and zest and crush together with a fork.
- add thyme and season with coarse sea salt to taste.
- leave to stand for 1 hour to allow the flavours to meld.
- spoon the cheese into serving dish, drizzle over the olive oil and serve with the french bread, toasted and sliced, and the black cherry jam.