Recipe by StephanieMarie23
Melt in your mouth cookies that you cannot resist makes a great holiday treat!!!
Top Review by Synthofforms
This recipe, when made following the ingredients and method does not turnout well. The candy cane, sugar and butter basically cooks into hard discs because there is not enough flour. However, when I added 1cup of flour to the recipe it made great chewy cookies that hold their shape. I rolled 1Tbsp portions of dough into a ball and then flattened the cookies down slightly, by dipping the bottom of a water glass into white sugar and using that to press the cookies down evenly before baking. The recipe made about 4 dozen cookies and needed to be baked for 10 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup crushed candy cane, measure after crushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Directions:Prep Time: 10 mins.
- Total Time: 23 mins.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350. 2 Beat together the butter, shortening, white sugar, and brown sugar. 3 Beat in the eggs, and vanilla extract. 4 Combine the baking soda, salt and flour in a small bowl. Gradually beat this mixture into the creamed mixture. 5 Beat well. 6 Stir in the crushed candy canes. 7 Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheets by tsps; keeping 2" apart. 8 Bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden brown around edges.